I. Welcome to YOUTORING, LLC.
B. The Policy is meant to be read together with Our Terms of Service (“Terms”). Capitalized words used here have the meaning given in the Terms.
C. At this time, YouToring’s Services are limited to US-based Users. Support for international users is forthcoming.
II. Information We Collect:
A. On Registration. When You register an account, You provide Us with Your:
1. Name of Learner
3. Birthday (for age verification purposes)
a) The name of a parent or legal guardian if the registrant is under 18 years old.
4. Email address
a) A valid email address of a parent or legal guardian if the registrant is under 13 years old.
5. Phone number
6. Phone number for the parent or legal guardian if the registrant is under 13 years old
7. Chosen username and password
8. Your payment information, if applicable.
B. When You access or use the Service, We may automatically collect the following information:
1. Device Information, including but not limited to the make and model of the device You are using to access the Service; the device’s hardware and software specifications; the operating system the device is running; the program or browser You are using to access the Website or Services; and other programs or software present on the device. 2. Your IP address, information about the websites visited before and after accessing the Platform, the web pages and advertisements viewed on those website, links clicked on within the Website, interactions with e-mail messages sent by Us, information made available through the use of unique identifiers such as cookies, beacons, or tokens, and information regarding the Internet service provider, and other standard server log information and other publicly available information.
C. Information About Your use of the Website and Service.
1. We may collect data about Your activity on the Website, including searches, other websites visited, the length of time You spent on the Website, and which Services You utilized. 2. We may collect data about Your location, the date and time of Your visit, the device You are using, and the content/Services You interact with on the Website and/or on third-party sites. 3. We may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, beacons, extensions, scripts, and other computer technologies to collect information used to improve the Website and Services offered, as well as Your user experience while on and off the Website.
a) You can disable cookies and other tracking technologies via Your web browser.
b) Should You disable any tracking technologies (i.e. through the use of an ad-blocker or by deleting cookies) some parts of the Service may not function properly or at all, or You may receive incorrect or incomplete information as a result. 4. We may receive data about You from third-parties that have obtained
Your permission to share Your information with Us.
a) For example, we may receive information about You from, or provide it to, Our partners, such as payment processors like Apple Pay and Google Pay, to facilitate purchases. b) Note that third parties will have their own privacy policies and terms of service. You should read and familiarize Yourself with those documents and make sure You agree to them. 5. We may also receive information collected by third parties through tracking technologies, cookie information, IP addresses or other identifiers from devices and/or browsers accessing the Website in order to allow features to run properly and as intended on the Website and use analytics and other tools to improve the quality and performance of the Website and Service. 6. Use of the Website and Service may require certain device permissions and the Service may not function properly without them.
D. Anonymization of Data.
1. We may aggregate and anonymize data from across the Service and combine it with personal and non-personal information We collect through tracking technologies as described herein. 2. Data that is aggregated and anonymized may be used for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to: marketing, building relationships with public or charitable organizations, and research.
III. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance:
A. If a User is under 13 years old, permission from a parent or legal guardian is required to access the Service and create a User account. The parent or legal guardian must provide at least a valid email address for this purpose.
B. We only collect as much information about a User under age 13 as is reasonably necessary for the User to register, and for the Service to properly function, and We do not condition use of the Service on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary. We collect a child’s name, address, and date of birth, as well as the name of a parent or legal guardian and the parent or legal guardian’s valid email address.
C. We do not behaviorally target advertising to children under 13 and We do not currently permit any third parties to knowingly collect personal information from users of the Platform that are under 13 years old other than persistent identifiers, such as IP addresses, cookie information or other identifiers from devices or browsers, solely for the support of Our internal operations, user recognition, and to acquire the Location Information necessary for the Service to function properly.
D. U.S. parents of children under the age of 13 have the option of consenting to the collection and use of their child's personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to certain third-parties.
E. At any time, a parent or legal guardian of a User under age 13 may review the child's personal information maintained by Us, require Us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit Us from further collecting or using the child's information.
1. You can review, change, or delete Your child's personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. To protect Your privacy and security, We may require You to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify Your identity before We provide any information or make requested corrections.
F. We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section.
1. We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information about many of Our users which does not identify any specific individual or device 2. In addition, We may disclose children's personal information if We are required to do so by law or legal process, or if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Our rights, property, or safety, and/or that of Our customers or others, including to protect the safety of a child; protect the safety and security of the Platform and Service; enable Us to take precautions against liability; and to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
IV. Content and Information:
A. We use the Content and Information to:
1. Provide the Service to You;
2. Measure, analyze, and understand usage of the Website and Service;
3. Tailor content and personalize Your experience on the Website, including saving Your account information;
4. Enable the internal functioning of the Website and Service;
5. Improve Service offerings;
6. Help Us maintain, improve, and administer the Website;
7. Evaluate the effectiveness of Our marketing campaigns or
8. Communicate with You;
9. Provide customer service and troubleshooting;
10. Back up Our systems;
11. Improve security of Our systems;
12. Evaluate use of the Services for business purposes and to improve
and develop Our products and services;
13. Prevent fraud and maintain a quality experience for Our business
14. Enforce Our agreements with You and applicable law; to comply with Our legal obligations; to prosecute or defend a lawsuit, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding; to respond to lawful requests by public authorities.
B. How We share Information:
1. We do not rent or sell Your personal contact information (such as Your email address associated with Your name, address, and/or phone number) to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes.
2. We may share Your information with others for Our uses described
in the Terms and this Policy. 3. We may share your name and email address, along with anonymized data that may pertain to you, with third parties for marketing purposes. 4. If required by law, or in the event that YouToring, LLC, is transferred or sold to another entity as a result of, for example, a corporate sale, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, information may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
V. Updates: We may modify this Policy at any time for any reason. If the Policy is modified, to the extent reasonable and practicable, You will be notified via the Platform, email, text message, or other means. Any changes We make to the Policy may take effect immediately. If You continue to access the Services after We provide notice, Your continued access to and use of the Services shall affirm Your consent to be bound by the modified Policy. You consent to receiving electronic communications or notifications regarding modifications to the Policy by any means, including email and via text messages to Your mobile device. You are advised to check this Policy frequently for any updates.
VI. Data retention:
A. Users can request that their account be deleted by emailing Us, but it may take Us a reasonable amount of time to complete Your request. Your request must contain enough information to specifically identify Your account for deletion, or Your account will not be deleted. Upon receiving a compliant request from You, We will remove Your data except any information that has been anonymized. B. We will keep Your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which We are processing Your personal information unless the law permits or requires Us to retain Your personal information for a longer period. We will retain aggregated, anonymized information after Your account has been closed. We can only remove Information that is stored on Our servers. Please note that copies of information that You have updated, modified, or deleted may continue to reside, in whole or in part, in Our systems for a period of time, and We may maintain copies of this information as part of Our business records.
C. Third-Party Service Providers may have different terms and conditions related to data privacy and retention, You should carefully review those as well.
VII. Other Sites: While using the Service, You may come into contact with links to other sites not affiliated, owned, or controlled by Us. These other websites are outside the scope of this Policy and may be governed by their own privacy policies or information collection practices, which may be substantially different from Ours. We caution You to review the privacy policies and information collection practices of those websites outside of Ours.
VIII. Governing Law, Venue, and Forum:
A. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict- of-law provisions. You hereby expressly waive any objections to personal jurisdiction and venue and consent to proper jurisdiction and venue in Cook County, Illinois. B. Forum Selection. You agree that any legal dispute arising out of Your use of the Services or these Terms shall be heard and decided in Cook County, Illinois.
IX. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The services are provided by YouToring, LLC. If You have a question or complaint regarding YouToring, LLC, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs which may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
X. Reviewing Your Information: You have the right to access, update and correct factual inaccuracies in personally identifiable information that We collect online, subject to certain exceptions. To do so, e-mail Us using Your registered email address at email@example.com. To help protect Your privacy and the security of Your personally identifiable information, We will take reasonable steps to verify Your identity before granting access.
XI. Contacting Us:
If You have any other questions about Our information handling practices, including Our practices with respect to children's personal information, or would like further information, please contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or You may contact Us via regular mail at:
YouToring, LLC 641 W Lake Street Suite 200 Chicago Illinois 60661
Last Updated January 3, 2019.